What libraries offer laptop lending?
Five locations currently offer laptop lending for in-library use only, as follows:
- Antioch Library offers access to laptops through the Laptops Anytime self-service, automated laptop kiosk. A library card is required.
- Brentwood Library currently offers the use of laptops (Chromebooks). Laptops can be checked out with a library card and used within the library for one hour. Brentwood Unified School District students have priority use of these laptops Mondays-Fridays. These ;laptops do not offer an option to print. It is recommended that work be saved to an online cloud storage servce. For more information about this service please contact the Brentwood Library at 925-516-5290.
- Concord Library offers access to laptops through the Laptops Anytime self-service, automated laptop kiosk. A library card is required..
- Hercules Library offers the use of laptops. Laptops can be checked out at the Information Desk. A library card is required.
- Lafayette Library offers the use of laptops. Laptops can be checked out at the Information Desk. A library card is required.
- Users must have a full-service library card in order to borrow a laptop.
- Laptops cannot be booked in advance and access is first come/first served basis, except as stated above.
- The laptop will be checked-out to your library card account.
- Laptops will allow free wireless access to the Internet.
- Users will be required to login with their library card for a one-hour session.
- The session may be extended based on demand and the availability of laptops for other users.
- Laptops are for in-library use only
- Laptops will allow printing to the library printers. Standard charges apply..
- Laptops should be returned directly to library staff so they can be checked for condition and cleared immediately from your library card account.
- Antioch and Concord Libraries only - laptops may be returned directly to the Laptops Anytime kiosk by inseting the laptop back in one of the open slots, or by presenting the laptop to library staff.
- It is the responsibility of the user to confirm that the laptop has been properly checked-in and cleared from the library card account. A check-in receipt will be provided upon request.
- Failure to return the laptop in good condition may result in charges being assessed to the library card account
- Laptops are equipped with theft prevention software