A free e-Card is available to Contra Costa County residents only.
Apply online now (en Español)
With your e-Card you can:
- get immediate access to the Library's online databases, California Missions, Cliffs Notes, TumbleBook Library, and Virtual Reference Library (Encyclopedias)
- place holds on or request items
- request LINK+ items, but not until the day after you apply for the e-Card
NOTE: e-Cards ARE NOT VALID for use with eBooks on the OverDrive and ENKI platforms, nor for use with Discover & Go.
Visit us in-person at any Community Library to exchange the e-Card for a full-access library card.
A full-access library card is required to:
- use Discover & Go (Contra Costa County residents only)
- check out materials
- use library computers or reserve library computers
- download OverDrive or ENKI eBooks.
Any resident of California can apply for a full-access library card by visiting a Community Library with valid ID and proof of current address.
e-Cards expire after 1 year, or when you upgrade to a full-access card.